Monday, November 23, 2009

Confession

I can't swim. Or ride a bicycle. Or rollerskate. Or ski. Yep. I used to be REALLY embarrassed but I have kinda sorta gotten over the embarrassment, although I will not offer that as a conversation starter. The skiing thing is not so embarrasing-how many Dominicanos do know who ski?? So in an effort to do something about this, I have started swimming lessons. This is my third attempt, I admit I am a swimming class drop-out. This time I am going to stick with it and not allow my embarrassment, nasty instructor or not wanting to wet my "just done" hairdo get in the way. The irony is that now I am actually dedicated, class was cancelled last week and I will be missing it on Thursday....because of course its Thanksgiving. Nevertheless, I give myself an A+ for effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment